Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 25- The Person You Know That Is Going Through The Worst Of Times

Dear Anyone Who's Lost Someone Recently,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I can't help to ease your pain in some way. I'm sorry that people we love have to die, I'm sorry that we have to grieve, and I'm sorry for any ill turns of behavior that may occur. I can't imagine how it must feel to lose someone you love. It's hurtful enough just having a dear pet die, so to think about losing someone so close and loved is just so beyond my comprehension. I know it's always said, but it really is true that if God is willing, you will see your beloved again someday. I can't imagine how hard it must be to go through the motions for the first time once your loved one passes away. Christmas, anniversaries, birthdays, anything like that must be absolute torture. Even though I can't help to ease the pain, I know that God can and will. I'll be honest; I don't think the memories will ever stop hurting. I believe that in due time, the pain will lessen a bit, but I don't think it will ever truly go away. And really, who would have it disappear in the long run? Feelings are a way of helping us to stay human and sane. I know that this isn't any help at all, but I still wanted to write it.

Stay strong.

Love, A.

1 comment: