Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5: Your Future Spouse

Dear Future Spouse,

If I'm lucky enough to get married in my future, then huzzah and praise the Lord! Really though, getting married is a big deal. Once you marry someone, that person becomes part of you in a totally new way. I hope I'm correct in saying that I know who my future spouse will be, but if I'm not...well, I guess I'll just pretend this it to someone else(even though that's sort of awkward...). Anyways, back to the letter!

Future Spouse, I hope that we live a long and happy life together. I hope that we get along as well as we do now once we're married. I will do my best to be a good wife. I hope we continue listening to each other. If we have an argument, I want us to resolve it the same day; No going to bed angry or upset. I want us to be there for each other through tough times, new experiences, and the wonderful memories. I want to be the one to encourage you when you're down, comfort you when you're sad, and be the first person to make you smile in the morning. I want to be a wife you can be proud of. Not a trophy wife, of course, but someone whom you respect and love. I promise to always be there for you and to always be one of your best friends, if you'll have me.

Love, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment