Monday, January 3, 2011

Why Yes, I DO Have New Year's Resolutions

I've decided to be like everyone else and make myself a list of goals to complete this year. Will they all be completed? Probably not, but I'm going to try my best to get as many of them done as I can!

Roller Derby: Um...yeah. Seriously. I've got the skates, I'm finally 18, and I KNOW I've got the mindset; Now to learn! I've never been more serious about learning something new as I am now. I want to at least go to a competition and watch. If I can happen to get myself on a team and maybe even participate, then huzzah! If not, at least I can say that I tried.

Grow Closer to God: This one is probably so cliché among fellow Christians, but it's just so true. You can NEVER be too close to God. I know for a fact that I seriously need help with my focus when it comes to spending time with Him, and this year(and every year after), I will be more focused than the year before. I will listen better, I will pray harder, and I will be a better servant to Him.

Dance More: On New Year's Eve, I went to my first ever dance, and it...was...HEAVENLY. It was amazing! Everyone danced a bunch of old timey dances, and it was just...wow. I was on Cloud 9 basically the whole night. I would LOVE to dance like that more this year.

Graduate: Heck yeah, baby! I want to be DONE with high school. I'm not going to lie; I've had some doubts on whether or not I was going to be able to make it to Graduation Day with my friends, but now I'm confident that I will be up there on stage with the rest of them, getting my diploma and working on starting a new chapter of my life.

Get More Paying Photography Gigs: I've got the camera, I've got the lights, and I've apparently got the talent; I want to make more money doing what I love.

Get A Job: Yeah...a job would be nice.

Do Something Bigger and Better: This one is hard to explain. I want to do something bigger and better than anything I've done before. I want to make an important difference with someone or something, but for the better. I want to change the way things go. I want to be a better friend and a stronger person(physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally).

No comments:

Post a Comment