Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm a nerd. Deal.

You know, I don't think many people know about my quietly kept nerdy hobby. I've decided I want to share it though, because it's just too awesome to keep under wraps!

Over the past few years, I've been collecting different phobias. Not mentally, of course, but on a list. Yes, that's my big nerdy secret: I keep a list of all the phobias I find out about. There's actually more to it than you'd think. For example, I don't just Google "phobias" and write down whichever ones pop up. No, I wait until I read about them in a book or I hear someone talk about it. If, after searching, it's a real phobia, I add it to my alphabetized list. Weird, right?

Since it's so weird, I thought I'd share a few of my most favorite phobias. I'm not going to post the whole list(i don't want to give away everything all at once), but I figured I could share a few of the best.

TOP 10 STUPIDEST FEARS IN MY LIST THUS FAR

1. Barophobia: fear of gravity
2. Chromophobia: fear of colors
3. Genuphobia: fear of knees
4. Koinoniphobia: fear of rooms
5. Logophobia: fear of words
6. Papyrophobia: fear of paper
7. Phobophobia: fear of developing a phobia
8. Podophobia: fear of feet
9. Selenophobia: fear of the moon
10. Xylophobia: fear of forests or wooden objects

No comments:

Post a Comment