Sunday, April 4, 2010

I do not need a boyfriend to be happy.

If I were to have one, what would change? Absolutely nothing. I'd still make videos, I'd still take pictures, I'd still hang out with friends, I'd still play soccer, I'd still write...If nothing would change, what's the point in having one? So I can have un-needed drama? That's bogus.

Sure, I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend, but it's not on my Top 10 list of necessities. I have better things to worry about. Plus, I've decided that I REALLY need to work on my taste and get a bit more picky. So here's what I came up with:

LIST OF REQUIREMENTS(or things that would be great to have)

A Christian guy with a great attitude.
A super sense of humor.
He has to be able to have some fun.
Nice to little kids.
Doesn't mind having his picture taken.
Manners! Those are a must.
He needs to have some morals.
Intelligence is nice.
Goals for the future wouldn't be a bad thing, either.


To some, those may not seem like very hard things to come across, but trust me; THEY ARE. Now, how about a list of things I'd rather not have.

LIST OF THINGS I COULD DO WITHOUT(and i don't mean maybe)

Cussing! I will not date a guy who can't speak intelligently.
Players, or the more common term, "playuhs".
I don't want someone's left-overs. Sounds gross, but it's true.
Lying? Psht, forget it.
No respect for women.
Lack of follow-through. As in, "I'll call you tomorrow" and 3 days later, you still haven't received that phone call.


I think my lists are well thought out and I see no reason to re-adjust my requirements. But like I said: I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend now, but I'm not going to go searching. If it happens, great. If not, then I'll wait.

1 comment:

  1. Those are extremely good requirements to have! I think it is great to see a Christian girl that has a great set of standards for a guy to meet. Girls these days seem to jump at the chance to have a boyfriend, but it really is refreshing to see a girl wait and save herself for the guy God wants her to have. Keep it up! Don't lower those standards! :

    ReplyDelete