Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pee Are Oh Em

Want to know something that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever? I want to go to prom. Want to know why that makes no sense? I hate wearing dresses, I feel terribly self-conscious when I have to get dressed up, I can't dance, and no one would ask me to go. See the weirdness now?

I'm not sure why I want to go so badly, but I do. Maybe it's the fact that I've never been to any sort of dance in my life. Going to prom seems like some sort of like a right to me. It's like you're required to go to a dance of some sort or your teen years just aren't complete. Thankfully, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I wonder what what type of experience I would have if I were to go. Would it be one of those perfect nights where nothing can go wrong and your dancing on clouds, or would it be the complete opposite? Would I end up getting something on my dress? Would I get dumped once we arrived at the prom? Would I somehow get an earring stuck in my date's hair? Would I even recognize a corsage?! There's plenty of things that could go wrong, but I'm willing to take my chances, if the opportunity should ever arise.

I think the best part would be getting ready for the night. Have a few of your closest girl friends come over, help each other dress up, laugh over every little thing, watch the clock as the anticipation grows, talk about where you hope your date takes you out to eat beforehand.....it doesn't sound like much fun to a guy, but to a girl, it sounds like a great time.

Well, if I should ever get the chance to go to prom, be it with a group of friends or with a date, I'll be sure to let you know. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment