Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Wandering Mind Is A Dangerous Thing

What's the deal with my brain? Why am I so obviously insane?

Weezer, I couldn't have said it any better myself. I think those exact lyrics SO OFTEN. To have finally heard a song(Perfect Situation. Go listen. Now.) that sings my thoughts out loud was actually quite refreshing.

I really do wonder if I'm insane sometimes. I mean, I have one unique mind and view of the world. While this can sometimes be a good thing, there are those moments where I wish I didn't have the mind that I have.

Most of those moments are when I'm laying in my bed or just sitting at my desk in the dark, all alone. If I'm not doing anything that takes a bit of brain power, my mind will start to wander and create insane scenarios.

Crazy, scary scenarios where someone(or someTHING) will come out of nowhere and start attacking me. Or if I'm downstairs, I always have to run back up the stairs because I can just FEEL someone chasing me, waiting for me to trip so the creature can grab my leg and drag me back down the hall and into it's secluded lair of pure freakiness.

Overactive imaginations run in my family. My mother and my grandma both have overactive minds like myself. We're all great at thinking stuff up, but we also know just how to scare ourselves silly.

Strange shadows, odd noises, dolls and stuffed animals with unblinking eyes and movable heads, the space under the bed...those are all things that creep me out just about any time of the day. I just paused to look around my bedroom...and at least for the moment, I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment