Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at


I wish so much that I could play better than I do.

As I sit here and listen to the amazing piano talents of Matthew Bellamy from Muse and August Burns Red's Piano Man, I find myself filled with such an overwhelming feeling of longing. To be able to play something much more complicated and beautiful than what I play now! To be able to read music much quicker or to be able to play by sound! Nothing could compare!

That sounds really dramatic, but it's so true! I love musical talents. I really do. I think it's one of the best material talents a person can have, especially if it's with the piano. I have a small handful of friends who can play quite beautifully, and I envy every one of them. They have no shame in playing in front of people, either(something which i'm trying to get over).

I'm thankful that I have such a wonderful piano teacher. She really knows her stuff and she's taught me so much. I've taken piano since September of 2009, and according to the handful of people who've heard me play, I'm well ahead of myself. It's just one of those things though where I wish I could wake up one day and be a piano protege.

Since that's very unlikely to happen anytime soon, I suppose I'll just have to keep practicing and hope that I can stick with it. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment