Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"You are 17, going on 18" O_O

While Mother and I were fixing watching a movie last night, Mom said something about me being old. It wasn't until I replied something like, "18 is almost 20." that I fully realized how old I actually am.

I'll be 18 this year. That's an adult. As in, no longer a kid. Who thought up 18 being the legal age, anyways? Why not 20? It makes more sense to me to let the coming of a new decade be the coming of your new status. AGE 19: Me the teen. AGE 20: Me the adult. Yep, I like that much better.

Turning 18 is really going to suck in some aspects. There's quite a bit that I won't be able to do once I turn 18! For starters, I won't be able to play anymore soccer. At least, not on a rec league team. I won't feel quite as special watching a rated R movie because I'll know that I'm legally allowed to without a parent(though I wouldn't without mom. Just throwing that in there). I'll never again be able to wonder what it'd be like to be 18. I'll watch 17 Again in a whole new light. Yep, it could get to be very upsetting.

But then, think of all the good things! I'll be an adult. I'll feel older, even if I won't act like it. I'll be a senior. Me and my other newly 18 year old friends will be able to gloat about making it to adulthood. I can possibly use my age to make my brothers listen to me("I'm the adult! Do as I say!"). I could vote, were there any elections going on. I'm sure there's plenty of other things, I just can't think of any right this moment.

I shall enjoy this last year of childhood as much as I possibly can! I need to do all sorts of reckless things while I still can! Kidding, people. Just kidding. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment