Saturday, May 29, 2010

gah...

Some things are best left unsaid, and by "some things", I mean "little white lies".

I actually have no idea why I'm writing this. It just popped into my head. I felt like writing about something that bothers me, so here it is.

Do not, for the love of all that is great in this world, go with the flow on Every. Little. Thing. I am dead serious. There are some people in this world who will agree with ANYTHING you say, just to make them look better or to help them gain your friendship. Let me show you what I mean.

There are two people to our story, and they are Honest Abe and Kiss Up. Honest Abe tries to always be honest in his opinions on things. Kiss Up likes to go with whatever seems to be the right thing to say.

H.A.: You know, I think I really like that cup.
K.U.: Oh, me too! I love it! I wish I had it!

(two days later)

H.A.: Man, I don't know what I ever saw in that cup.
K.U.: Oh my goodness, I HATE that cup! I'd throw it away if I were you. I've always thought it was ugly.

Having your own opinion of something isn't a bad thing. If anything, it would be a great thing if you didn't go with the flow, just so you and the other person could have something to discuss. I don't know. This is just me thinking while I'm half asleep. Forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment