Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I now know what it would be like if I were to play soccer in Wonderland

Last night at practice, me and another girl rammed into each other head on. She fell right on her butt, and I was wiped out flat on my back, my glasses thrown from my face. As I lay there, trying to get my wits about me, the other girl pulls my glasses from out of nowhere and hands them to me. I'll admit, I rolled my eyes when I seen them. They were just so ridiculous looking! The only way I could have been able to wear them is if my left ear were up 4 inches higher than my right. To make matters worse? We were scrimmaging. I declared the mangled glasses useless, ran them over to my dad, then headed back out to the field.


Big mistake number 1: I ran back out to the field.

Big mistake number 2: I thought I could see well enough to do so.


Really, unless you have poor eyesight and glasses such as myself, you can't really imagine how it looked and felt without glasses. The ground seemed to be higher up, everything was hazy, I couldn't tell who was who, I was getting more and more dizzy and pukey by the second, and I had one girl laughing at me, not to mention another guy telling me what to do like I was a noob. Little tidbit of advice; Don't get onto me when I'm feeling handicapped, and sure as heck don't laugh. Doing so will ruin my mood further and probably make me mad at you.

After practice and a car ride home, I showed Mom my glasses. Mom, being the totally awesome mom that she is, bent them almost back to where they needed to be, and I was able to wear them again. She rocks!

And so, here I sit, my glasses sitting crookedly upon my nose, my eyelashes brushing one lens because it's still in a funny angle. I'm going to the optometrist today so they can straighten out my glasses fully, and so my mom can make me an appointment for CONTACTS. Whoa.

(and yes, I wrote this because I felt like complaining just a little bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment