Monday, August 2, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Today is Sunday, and on Sunday nights, the Youth have a separate study downstairs with a youth leader(or in this case, our church music director). Our teacher on Sundays is pretty much awesome. He's funny, he's always up for a good debate, and he really knows his stuff when it comes to the Bible. But as much as I enjoy our teacher, that's not what I wanted to talk about.

What I wanted to talk about was something that our teacher was telling us. We're currently reading a book about how to reach your full potential for God, and it's been a great book so far. I've really learned a lot. One of the things our teacher talked about was relationships, and how everyone we come in contact with is for one of two main purposes: Either that person was meant to support and help you, or that person needs you to minister to them.

The more I think about it, the more it makes pretty good sense. I mean, isn't that basically what we need to do? Don't we need to help and be helped? To me, it just seemed like a really interesting thing to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment