Monday, December 26, 2011

An Idea

So I was wrong about getting my great idea out later that day.

Anyways, my great idea started with a very fed up attitude that was directed towards the media. I was sitting at work one day last week, watching TV with one of my clients while I washed the dishes. My client switched the channel to TLC's "Millionaire Match up", a show in which one stuck up woman finds girlfriends/boyfriends for these random millionaires, most of them cocky jerkholes. Already I was quite disgusted with the whole idea of the show(I'm against any form of assisted dating, whether it's TV shows or online dating), but it wasn't until the hostess started attacking this one guy that I got REALLY mad.

This particular millionaire was a computer guru who owned and operated his own computer software company. He was nice enough, seemed polite, but according to the hostess, he was "unfortunate enough to be a legit nerd."'. The guy had light red hair, glasses, and mostly wore casual dinner jackets, but that so called match maker made him to it to be a total loser. After mercilessly bashing his every feature, she concluded her judgement with, "No one wants to date red heads, and certainly not nerds. That's just how it is!"

.....Really?

Maybe I took it too personally(being known myself as a nerd AND a "strawberry blonde"), but that little snippet of a stupid "reality" TV show made me much more angry than I care to admit. I've already been so sick of stars, celebrities, and related topics, but that was just the last straw.

I'm tired of no one ever being "good enough". I'm tired of hearing about our so called flaws, how we need to be improved in order to make it, and shown what "perfect" really is. I'm normally pretty good with ignoring opinions of others, but recently it's all really started getting to me and it's started effecting me WAY more than it needs to. That is why I present you with this...

(link)

I want to start my own site where people can be themselves and enjoy it! I plan on posting motivational posts, uplifting quotes, fun challenges, and more. My goal is to get people of both genders and all ages to feel good about themselves again. I don't want the Hollywood way of life to prevail; I want us to start a new trend and be happy being us!

If ya'll could follow, suggest ideas, and help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment