Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Heart Warming Reunion

Once upon a time, my cat Percy stole and hid my very first and one of my absolute favorite Sillybandz. He hid it so well, that I went days without seeing it. I mourned the loss of my rubbery friend, and after a month and a half of not seeing it, I was forced to move on.

Today, my brother decided he wanted to play the Play Station 2, which just so happened to be in my room. The tv has a guinea pig cage in front of it(the cage in which Percy sleeps. Don't think us cruel; that cage is like a kitty condo. It's HUGE.), so my mom told my brother to move it to the other side of the room for the time being. My brother makes it halfway, before he drops the cage and spills Percy's used litter box all over MY bedroom floor. Since I had already cleaned up way more poop and puke then I wanted to that day, I made my brother clean up what he had spilled.

After he had swept up all he could and I took a picture of him cleaning up the mess, my mom started to vacuum my room. I was on the computer when my mom suddenly said my name. I turned around to face her, and there, being held between her thumb and pointer finger was my most cherished Sillyband that Percy had stolen so long ago! Sure, it was hairy and a bit dusty, but I cared not; I wiped the ick off and put it on my wrist, happy to be reunited with my rubber band once more. My mom is my hero of the day!

Funny how things work out, isn't it? =]

1 comment:

  1. I was your hero of the day and I missed it?? Dangit... ;)

    ReplyDelete