Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love and Marriage

People keep asking me why I want to get married so badly, and I can never come up with a non sappy, safe answer. The truth is, I want to be married because I'm in love.

I'm madly in love. Head over heels, butterfly-infested stomach, weak knees, giggly giddy girly in love. My fiance is exactly the man I want to have and to hold, for better or for worse. I want to spend my every waking moment with him. I want to be the first person he sees in the morning, and the last one he sees at night. I want to have the honor of sharing his last name. I want us to share new experiences together. I want us to be man and wife.

I'm tired of having to tell him goodbye after a day together. It just gets harder and harder every time. I hate having to text him goodnight, instead of just saying it to his face. I'm ready for more.

I'm prepared for the title of "housewife". I look forward to it! I'm ready to be a wife that Ryan can be proud of; One he can brag on, if he wants(I won't object to a little flattery). I want to try my hand at juggling good wife, working woman, and someday, doting mother. I feel ready for all of that, and I'm ready now.

I'm ready to start the next chapter of my life with my best friend at my side. Call me lovesick, call me naive, call me immature. I don't care. I am ready to say, "I do.".

No comments:

Post a Comment