Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Some ranting

I am so freakin' tired of hypocrites.

I'm so tired of the fakers; Fake friends, fake tough guys, fake nice guys, fake Christians. . .all of them. I'm tired of people saying one thing, but then doing another. I'm tired of sitting back and watching all the fakers, too.

This Summer has changed me in so many ways. I feel so much more mature in many different ways, one of those ways being spiritual. I've grown so much closer to the Lord this Summer and my look on life has changed. I've recently changed how I view certain things of the world, and I personally think it's for the better.

For example, I can't stand celebrities now. It just dawned on me one day how absolutely pointless they really are. It made me sick to my stomach to think about how society has made us come to believe that there are people who are better than us; That someone can be of a higher "rank" than us, and be worth more to the world. I mean, really? I can't stand seeing how much people care about celebrities now! All I can think is, "Wow. They have all that fame and money. I wonder how they're using that to help others." And the sad thing is, they aren't. They are just regular people who have somehow been put on these invisible but sadly, very real social pedestals, all because we somehow believe they are "better" than normal.

I've decided to have more spine when it comes to dealing with my friends, too. I'm through with dealing with hypocrites; My youth group made a pact to change, and that's what we need to do. No more being two-faced, no more judging, no more lazing around. I want us to live how GOD intended us to and how we promised we'd live after SPLASH. We should be better examples to the world, and if we're sitting around being two-faced, how are we to share His love properly?

Of course, I'm not saying that I'm totally innocent in all of this, but I AM trying my best to change. I want to be a better example and role model to others. I also want to live more for Him and less for me, because He really does care and help in more ways than anyone can imagine. I'm just so ready to take it all to the extreme, and I pray that I stay feeling the way I do.

Maybe you, the dear reader, could keep my youth group and I in your prayers? Just pray that we stick with what we have now and pray that we can take it to the extreme and share it with everyone we come in contact with.

-A.

1 comment: