Thursday, November 19, 2009

Drama.

So. It's been awhile since I've wrote anything, but that doesn't mean that it's also been awhile since I've thought any thoughts worth thinking(and yes, I'm aware that that was a tad bit confusing for those of you who aren't fully awake yet.). One thing that has been really bugging me is drama, and therefore.....that is what I shall be writing about. Lucky you!

Ok, ok, so I know all teenagers have it, and it's a very common topic, and it makes for some great movies, but still. I feel the need to vent about it. So do I have your attention? If you've made it this far through the blog, then I feel as though I can count on you to continue reading it. If not...well, I'm not going to throw a fit and cause an uproar over it. Now, back to the topic at hand. Drama.

"Oh, if only drama would stay in the club!" "I hate drama!" "Drama is for people who have no lives, and therefore, I will not participate in it. Ever!". All of the previous are commonly used sentences with teenagers, and yet, they never actually mean any of it. Sure, most people can say they hate it, but if they hate it so much, why do they start things up? And as for the people who say they'll never be dragged into drama: That's easier said than done.

I used to think that drama was usually only in schools, and that if I just stayed away from that group of people, I'd be just fine. I was very sadly mistaken. It turns out that drama is anywhere people are, and that is a fact. All the "he said she said" is inescapable, even in the oddest of places. The oddest and probably most sad place that I've found drama is at church. How sad is that?! We have the backstabbers, the two-faced people, the girls with claws, the jerky playuhs, and the few who have too big of mouths. You would think, that since we are in church, we'd be a bit more mature then we actually are, but that is not the case. We lie, we cheat, we cry, we ignore, we hurt...all over stupid drama! And here we are, my youth group, going to church to learn how to be better people and better Christians! It's ridiculous! I think that if people would pay more attention and practice what is being preached, there would be a lot less drama. I'm not trying to sound like the innocent one, because I'm not. I try my hardest to stay out of it, but that's not saying that I don't occasionally join in. Drama is a stupid waste of time, especially when it's over people who we are supposed to be friends with. We're supposed to care for others, treat them as out neighbors, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" sort of deal.

It's upsetting and it makes me mad, but I'm trying my best not to start any drama and to not join in on it. There are so many other and more important things to worry about in life! Sorry I couldn't end this on a happier note, but drama isn't pretty, unless you're just acting. And these people...they're not acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment