Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One Hundred And Seventy-Two

I just got done counting how many books I own that are in my room, and I came up with 172. Is that it?

Just kidding. I had no idea I had so many! I mean, I knew that I was starting to triple stack my bookshelf, I have a basket full of Anime comic books, and I have piles of books scattered all around my room, but I had no idea it would so quickly total up to 172 books! Goodness gracious!

And those are just my normal everyday reading books. My have-fun-while-reading-them books. I didn't even bother to count my old school books, notebooks, diaries, magazines, and game guides. If I were to count those, I'd have around 250, I'm sure. And if I were to count the books that are in my room that aren't mine but I plan on reading, then we'd hit 350. And if we were to count every single book in the house, upstairs and downstairs, we would go past 1000. Of this, I am absolutely positive.

My room alone is my own personal library. I stock it with books I get from Goodwill. Goodwill probably has no idea how much I LOVE them. They have so many books, and I usually get at least 4 books per trip, per Goodwill store. Sometimes I'll find 10 or more books in one Goodwill that I MUST own. Whether it's something I think looks interesting or something I've read a million times before, I get it. Hey, can't beat $1.99.

So even though I have 172 books, I shall continue to collect more. Life is too short, so read as much as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment